Sunday, November 23, 2014

Satisfied

Psalm 107:7

He led them by a straight way to a city where they could settle.  Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.

I’ve been hungry before and sat down to a delicious-looking meal, only to be terribly disappointed, stomach full, but completely dissatisfied when the meal ends.  It was very frustrating, because I was soooo hungry….before I ate.

I’ve also been super thirsty for water, but none was available, so I drank a soda or some other sweet beverage that tasted good but didn’t quench my thirst – at all – again disappointed and still thirsty.

Have you experienced the same?

The Lord knows when we are hungry and thirsty and he knows just what will satisfy.  There’s a verse in the New Testament that says if we ask God for bread, will he give us a stone? Of course, not!

Our God knows us, inside and out.  And when we cry to him in our hunger and thirst, he knows just how to fill us, satisfy us – all with good things.


Pretty cool God, we serve, right? I’m so thankful for his fatherly care…

No comments:

Post a Comment