Sunday, November 9, 2014

Great Similes

Psalm 147:15-18

He sends his command to the earth; his word runs swiftly.  He spreads the snow like wool
and scatters the frost like ashes. He hurls down his hail like pebbles. Who can withstand his icy blast? He sends his word and melts them; he stirs up his breezes, and the waters flow.


I love this set of verses, partly because I love the imagery in the bible, but I also love the weather!  The fact that God commands the skies and they obey him is amazing, fascinating, and makes me awestruck with wonder at this mighty God I serve!

Snow like wool, frost like ashes, hail like pebbles. 

We don’t have much snow where I live, but we have lots of frost, and I’ve seen hail many times. 

His word melts them, breezes stir, and waters flow.

Just like God controls the heavens and what he says, the heavens do, so he speaks to our souls through his word, his Holy Spirit, and his mercies – daily.

Does his word melt you?
Do his breezes stir you?
Do you swim in the flow of the water?

Winter is near.  

As you observe the precipitation that winter brings, also take note of the movement in your heart as God sings…over you.


No comments:

Post a Comment