Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Then God Said

Genesis 1:14

Then God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years;

God set into place the seasons – the times of change.  It was part of the process of creation.

In my daily life, I love the season changes.  I’m usually tired of one season about the time the next one rolls around.  And there are parts of each season that I love…and I hate.  For example, here in Central Texas I hate the hot summer heat.  But that makes the cool breezes of fall that much more spectacular.

In my spiritual life, I think I favor a steady season of blessings and joy, don’t you?  However, there are also changes there that ebb and flow, all part of the process of maturation.  I experience lack, in order that trust is perfected, and blessings flow again.

God is with us in every season.  He’s with us when all is green and growing, and he’s with us when all is barren and cold.  But just like in creation, he set the seasons in motion, so he sets our seasons in motion.
He’s always perfecting that which is old, in favor of that which is new, and changing us over and over again until that final season…

When we shall be like him and that which was unclear becomes clear.


Are you in a season you don’t care for?  Take hope.  God said.

No comments:

Post a Comment