Friday, September 19, 2014

No Evil...

Psalm 91 cont’d:
No evil will befall you, Nor will any plague come near your tent.  For He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways. They will bear you up in their hands, That you do not strike your foot against a stone.

I’ve read this passage many times and even wondered why I personally had to suffer through being robbed in our house more than once.  To me, that was evil.  And in my eyes, this was a “plague” that came to my house.  So I saw that time as a time where God wasn’t protecting me.  If he was, why did he let the thief in the house?

Being robbed was horrible, and I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone.  It was a feeling of violation, and fear set in, afterwards.

However, evil itself – the turning away of my faith in God – didn’t touch me.  The “plague” of despair and fear could have lingered in my home, but it left because God has restored all that was taken from me.  God has led us from that house, from those memories, into a place of peace and refuge.  He guarded us from losing hope during that time, and lifted us up in hands and carried us over the years to a better place.

And he did all of this without us even striking our foot against a stone – and getting a bruise.
God’s care and concern and provision is not only complete and restorative – it’s gentle and sweet.

Trust in Him.  He is trustworthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment