Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Out of Trouble

Psalm 143:11, 12
For the sake of Your name, O Lord, revive me. In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble. And in Your lovingkindness, cut off my enemies And destroy all those who afflict my soul, For I am Your servant.

I need reviving daily, and I need to be rescued out of trouble often, and I sometimes feel like enemies are pursuing me, and I hate feeling afflicted.  

But…I know I belong to Him.

God loves to revive us, for the sake of His name.  He is the Great Rescuer because he is righteous and just.  And his amazing love for us makes our enemies squirm and disappear, much like a bug squirms when sprayed with poison – until he dies. 

Finally, God is the Daring Destroyer, the one who completely annihilates those death-teasing thoughts that afflict our minds and wound our spirits.

It’s so important that we remind ourselves all the time, every morning, every evening, of God’s faithfulness to us, and that when we cry out to him we expect him to be there always – to pick up up and set us back on our feet.


We belong to him, when we kneel at his feet, accept Him as Lord, and trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment