Friday, September 26, 2014

Can You?

If you haven’t read the end of the book of Job in a while, it might do you some good to do so.  I love God’s questions back at Job, when Job is talking with God about all of the things he has experienced that were the worst set of circumstances I can imagine.

As I read God’s questions to Job about his might power and rule over the heavens and the earth, I am encouraged to know that this great God, who sets in motion everything above me, beneath me, and around me, cares about everything that’s happening to me.

Can you lead forth a constellation in its season, And guide the Bear with her satellites?
 Do you know the ordinances of the heavens, Or fix their rule over the earth?


Have you looked up at the night sky lately?  Just the moon, the stars, the sun, and the clouds are witness enough to the majesty and order of a God who rules the universe.  And the answer to all of God’s questions, of course, is “No, God, I can’t do even one of those things.”

We can’t direct the seasons like fall, winter, spring and summer, but He does, and he will. 
Job was in a season of despair, loss, and death.  It was a long, hard, winter. 

However, God reminds Job with his infinite wisdom of Job’s inability and God’s great ability.

We need to remind ourselves of this often, and take a look up, in order to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment