Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Trust Him

Psalm 23 cont’d:

…I shall not want.

Have you ever not “wanted” anything at all?

I’m sure here it must mean I shall not “lack” or be in “want.”

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want….

When a shepherd leads his sheep, they don’t lack any good thing.  And that’s what our Good Shepherd does for us as well – he gives us all good things.

So what about the times when we are in need, or have to do without?

I personally have found that in every season when I perceived that I was doing without, God was at work creating a better heart in me.  So in reality, that creative work superseded the need for whatever it was I was lacking tangibly.

When our kids are little, we provide all they need, but they definitely go through phases where they see our answer of “no, not now” as a mean answer, from a parent who is holding back something good.  Sometimes we get our parenting right, and other times we don’t.

However, when God (who always knows best) says no for now, he is not creating “lack” in our lives, but rather providing richness that we don’t see…at first.

Are you asking your shepherd for something and he’s saying no right now?


Trust in his skills as the good shepherd and just wait to see what good things come your way…

No comments:

Post a Comment