Thursday, April 17, 2014

Some Doubted

In Matthew 28, after Jesus has risen from the dead, we read this:

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 

Note here that his disciples saw him, worshiped him, and yet still doubted.
Have you been there? I have.

I’ve seen God do great and mighty things for me and my family.  I’ve observed his miracles, experienced his presence, and believed in his word – time and time again. And yet, there are times when I still doubt.

Doubt is something I suppose we will deal with until the day we die…or maybe not.  Doubt breeds fear.  And fear is a lack of faith.  So if we can somehow eliminate doubt, we can live a life free of fear.

Jesus’ last statement in his passage is powerful.  He has all authority in heaven and on earth, and he shares that with us.

Because Jesus lives in our hearts, we too have authority to speak to our own hearts and say, “Why are you so downcast? Put your hope in God.” (Psalm 42:5).

Do you know Jesus, you’ve seen him, you’ve even worshiped him this morning, but you are still feeling doubt?

Speak to yourself, let it be audible so that you can hear it, and declare that God is for you and not against you.


Then look at him again, and believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment