Saturday, April 26, 2014

Along the Path

Psalm23 cont’d:

…He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake…

I’m going to raise my children and guide them in the best paths I know to lead them, because they bear my name, they belong to me, and they’re my responsibility. And as we said before, I can do the best I know how but still I will stumble, miss a trail on which we need to go, and even completely fall off the beaten path at times.

God isn’t like that.  He’s the good shepherd, remember?

He created us, we bear his name, and we belong to him.  So why  (if we earthly parents guide our children) wouldn’t he, the most divine of all parents and Lord of all Lords, faithfully guide our steps?

Are you at a fork in the road and don’t know which path is the “right” one? 

The cool thing about the Shepherd is that he carries the rod, and the staff, he knows our name, and he knows which way to go.  If we start to veer the wrong way, he knows how to gently lead us back on the “right” path, even if our ankle does turn in the process and we feel a sting of pain from the fall.

Don’t get all worked up about the path.  Get more worked up and rejoice about the one leading you. 

All you have to do is follow.  

And when you can’t tell which way he’s going, keep walking. He’ll make sure you arrive where you’re supposed to be...


No comments:

Post a Comment