Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Like Rain

Deuteronomy 32:2 

Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.

Did you know that the teaching, the wisdom, the truth of the Word is like rain into our hearts and minds?

And this verse says they are like dew – showers on new grass – and abundant rain on tender plants.

Each time I place a new plant in my garden, I have to water it well, so that the roots reach deep and start drinking right away.  And when I go too long without watering, the plant starts withering and looking dry and thirsty.

We are the same way.  We need drinks daily in order to grow in maturity in our relationship with Christ.


Read his word.  Open your heart to receive it, just like a freshly planted flower.  And see if you don’t take hold of a truth and emerge with color and grace as you bend toward the Son…

No comments:

Post a Comment