Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I Will


Hebrews 8
This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

A covenant is a binding promise, and one that God makes he cannot break.  It’s the only kind of promise you’ll ever receive in life that you can count on, bank on, stand on, and see fulfilled – for sure – no chance of disappointment.

Here we read God declaring that his laws will be in the minds and hearts of his people, and they will be His, and He will be theirs.

What more could we, his children, want out of life? 

His word is what sustains us in hard times, loss, incredible persecution, and misunderstandings.  
Knowing we belong to Him keeps us grounded when winds blow, waters flood, and twisters erase.
There will be trouble in the world, we are told that.  But we’re also told to be of good cheer because He overcame this world and death. And there is hope after this life here on earth.


We belong to a faithful God and there is no other one in whom we can place our hope and live…

No comments:

Post a Comment