Friday, December 30, 2016

Proven

Ezekiel 20:41 As a soothing aroma I will accept you when I bring you out from the peoples and gather you from the lands where you are scattered; and I will prove Myself holy among you in the sight of the nations.

Do you enjoy the fragrance of burning candles?  I do…but only if the scent is pleasing to me.  Otherwise, I want to exit the room.

God loves the aroma that we bring to him when we enter his presence and allow him to mix his “essential oil” if you will, so that we burn and bring a pleasing aroma to the room.

He accepts us, because of Jesus. But then he doesn’t leave us in our broken state.  He takes us and heals us and makes us whole again.  He “proves” himself holy among us – in the sight of the nations.

America is anything but holy in the sight of others, at the moment. But we who love God can be that soothing aroma to our families, our neighbors, our cities, our states…and yes, our nations...


if we allow his mixing and burning to go on, so that those who sense the fragrance want to stay and linger a while…to enjoy the presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment