Wednesday, December 7, 2016

All One

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

I love this verse.

In our world, there is race, there is economic status, there is popularity, there is beauty and ugliness, there is old and young, and there is you and me.  And we have these divisions according to where we fall on all of those spectrums.  And for some sad reason, we can’t seem to join at the middle, but rather we stay on our opposite ends and judge and criticize and avoid.

Oneness in Christ means putting away all of these divisions and it even means asking Him for eyes that no longer see these differences. 

I love that my kids grew up in a racially diverse school setting, because I truly believe it helped them learn to see past color.  I appreciate that I go to church with those who have more than I do moneywise, and those who have less.  It enables me to give…and to receive…both wonderful blessings in life.  And I enjoy the fact that we all look different, because none of us has the perfect complete package.  And that makes us depend on each other for your strong arms, and my keen eyes.

In Jesus, we are all seen as his children that he loves dearly and holds nothing good from us – from all of us – who believe.


Don’t you love that, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment