Tuesday, October 25, 2016

In Like Manner

John 5:19 Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

Today is my birthday.  Another year older. Another year wiser…I hope.

Jesus was a wise son.  He realized that he could do nothing apart from his Father, unless he did what his Father was doing and did those things in like manner.

The same is true with us.  With me.

I can do nothing good on earth, unless I mimic what I see the Father doing and do it in like manner.

I cannot love others, unless I love like He does.
I cannot give cheerfully, unless I give like He does.
I cannot be joyful, unless I experience joy like He does.

The best thing I can do for myself today, and you can do as well, is to read about the character of the Father – his love and mercy and grace and holiness – and mimic that in everything we do.


That is wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment