Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Eternal Father

Isaiah 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

I love that one of the names of God is “eternal father.” Of course, I love the other names as well, because they speak of his power and might.   But eternal father is my favorite.

Like we have mentioned before, our earthly fathers might come and go.  Some kids have many father figures in the course of their lives, as their moms marry over and over again seeking for that perfect relationship.  Kids get attached to a new father, only to have him leave once again.  And kids quickly learn that nothing lasts…at least not here.

Having an eternal father is huge, isn’t it?

It’s hard to even grasp that our Father forever was, forever is, and forever will be.   We sing those words, but do we really know how deep the Father’s love is for us?

It’s taken me a lifetime and I’m still learning, of the goodness of my Father toward me.

Try closing your eyes and crawling up in Father God’s lap and hanging out there a while.  It’s a good place to rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment