Thursday, October 6, 2016

His Delight

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.

When we are correcting our children, they certainly do not feel as though they are a delight to us!  They feel anything but.  They don’t want to be corrected, because correction hurts, stings, and cramps their style.  However, we know that if we love them we will correct them and send them back on the right path.

My daughter’s little boy is 18 months old and recently picked up a glass candle from my table, looked at me, and started walking away.  I had to take it from him because I knew it might break and cut him.  Of course, he didn’t understand, but I loved him too much to see him get hurt!

God is the perfect Father, so if he removes a shiny object from our grip, it’s for our own good, whether or not we understand.

God loves you. He’s going to discipline you.  You won’t like it. But you are his delight.


Chew on those four phrases for a while… 

No comments:

Post a Comment