Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Waiting...

Psalm 62: 1,2 My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.

Have you ever had to wait a long time in silence for anything?  It’s unnerving isn’t it? Especially if there is nothing to read, watch, or no one to talk with.  Now that we all have electronics, there is never a time when we are not connected with someone somewhere. 

But there are times when it’s good to wait in silence.

In silence we hear no noise, we are not distracted by questions and conversations, and we are acutely aware of His presence when he speaks.

He speaks to us and reminds us that he is our Savior, our rock, and our stronghold.

And all of that reminding reveals that we cannot be shaken or torn or destroyed, because we belong to Him.


Wait in the silence and listen for his voice, and see if you don’t feel want to linger there a while longer while just you and He converse, sing together, and enjoy each other’s company.

No comments:

Post a Comment