Sunday, August 16, 2015

One...to They

Jeremiah 17 says “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”


I just noticed something amazing about this verse.  The first line says blessed is the “one” who trusts in the Lord…and the next sentence says, “they” will be like a tree…

When we place our trust in Him, he is with us, and we become “they” – isn’t that cool!  We are not alone when the heat comes, or when the drought appears, because we are planted with him.  Our roots run deep and we don’t fade, we don’t quite making fruit in our lives – even when surface level water is scarce!

The only trees that make it through drought are those with deep roots where the water sits, where it can freely drink.

And I love the fact that I’m never alone but He is with me, when I trust in Him, and he keeps me alive and well.


And…I do not need to fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment