Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I Am

Deuteronomy 29:2
Moses summoned all the Israelites and said to them…your own eyes you saw those great trials, those signs and great wonders. But to this day the Lord has not given you a mind that understands or eyes that see or ears that hear. Yet the Lord says, “During the forty years that I led you through the wilderness, your clothes did not wear out, nor did the sandals on your feet. You ate no bread and drank no wine or other fermented drink. I did this so that you might know that I am the Lord your God.”
I had to quickly repent when I read this passage!
God has given us all blessings in our lives, and yes – we’ve all had trials too.  But when trials come, we throw our understanding out the door and fail to see the goodness anymore.  All we see is the pain.
God provided his people with shoes and sandals that never wore out on their journey.  He provided every way of escape, and fulfilled every hunger and thirst.  And yet, they still didn’t understand or see who he was.
He was theirs, and they were his – they belonged to Him.  Therefore, nothing could harm them when they understood this truth.
I forget this truth often, when I start looking at the trials in my life and in the lives of others, wondering if God has abandoned us all.
I’m sorry Lord, because it is I who abandoned you in all of your goodness and love and mercy towards me…


No comments:

Post a Comment