Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Must-Have Duo

Proverbs 3 says, Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart.

Wow, kindness is wrapped up with truth, much like a twisted or braided necklace that we wear as adornment around our necks!  We are also told to write kindness and truth on the table of our hearts, where it’s visible, in print, and in permanent ink!

We all know and reiterate and preach that we have to hold on to the truth of His word – who he said he is – who he said we are – and all of his promises. 
But we don’t preach or reiterate that kindness is supposed to lay alongside the truth.
I’ve known many who know the truth of God’s word but who are so unkind when they deliver it in judgment and arrogance.  And I know many people who are so kind, who would share anything they have with me, and yet they don’t know the Lord as their savior.
Here, we are reminded of a powerful combo – kindness AND truth – we are to guard these two things and not let them leave us.
I love the visual here – a necklace around my neck – and a tablet in my heart – where kindness and truth never part.


No comments:

Post a Comment