Saturday, May 16, 2015

Show It

Joshua 2:12 says “Now then, please swear to me by the Lord that you will show kindness to my family, because I have shown kindness to you…”
There are several verses in the bible to indicate that kindness is often a reciprocating act, unlike mercy which is shown often without reciprocation.
In this verse, the speaker is asking for kindness to be shown to his family because he has been kind.
It’s a good practice to stop and take note of those who have been kind to us, whether in deed, in a kind word, in giving, or even in praying for us.  We recently had several friends who prayed with us for our son to find a job.  That was super kind of them to take their time to think about us.
In fact, their kindness made me want to pray for them, for the needs they have for their families.  Their kindness to me, prompted me to take note of their needs.
We all need reminders.  So it’s good to be kind toward others to stimulate their kindness, and it’s good to receive kindness to stimulate ourselves to be kind.
Who has shown kindness to you?  Show kindness back to them.
Who can you be kind to, today? 
I just love this word “kindness” – it even sounds sweet and simple – like the action that it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment