Thursday, March 19, 2015

Knocking


Rev 3:19-21 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.  He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Have you seen those old oil paintings that depict Jesus knocking on a door?  I love that he is always wanting to come visit with us.  He stands there knocking until we open and invite him in.  He doesn’t intrude, he doesn’t knock down the door and push his way in, he waits for the door to open.

Not only does he knock, but it says here that he’s saying something, because he invites us to hear him.

He’s asking to come in and dine with us.  That’s what family does.  That’s what friends do.  They sit at our table and we eat together, as we converse and enjoy each other’s company.

And then what’s incredible is that he invites us to sit down with him on his throne, by his Father.

That’s royalty.  That’s family and we belong to the King.

The King wants to sit with you today and enjoy your presence, and invite you to enjoy His.

Do you hear his voice and his knock?


Just say yes, and let him in. You’ll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment