Monday, March 16, 2015

A Loud Voice

Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying...

I love this verse.

Sometimes for some of us, the only day we are “in the Spirit” is on the Lord’s day – when we’re at church.  The rest of the week we are preoccupied with life, family demands, and our own thoughts.

But isn’t it cool that when we are “in the Spirit” we are then able to hear his voice.

The rest of the book of Revelation unfolds as John (the writer) shares with us what he heard from a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet saying to him.

I think God enjoys speaking to us.  He mostly listens to our pleas, petitions, and cries.  But I think he likes to talk back and share great mysteries with us, IF we are available and listening.

It’s a good practice to be “in the Spirit” on the Lord’s day.  
It’s an even practice to be “in the Spirit” every day so we can hear his voice and his whispers and his shouts, as he talks to the spirit within us and reveals the beauty and wonder of things to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment