Monday, March 23, 2015

Bird of the Heavens

Psalm 104 He sends forth springs in the valleys; They flow between the mountains; They give drink to every beast of the field; The wild donkeys quench their thirst. Beside them the birds of the heavens dwell; They lift up their voices among the branches. He waters the mountains from His upper chambers; The earth is satisfied with the fruit of His works.

When’s the last time you sat and listened the voices of the birds among the branches?  I rarely do, but my husband hears them each morning as he awakes and begins to leave for work.  I only hear my work calling me and I miss the chirping of the birds altogether.

God created all of nature and gave it to us to have dominion over it, and to enjoy the fruit of our labors as we work in it.  He sends rain so that water flows and waters those who are thirsty in the fields.  He sets birds on branches to sing and coo, sending praises down to all who dare to stop and listen.

All of Psalm 104 is about the majesty and glory of  God in creation, including the birds.
  
Read it and be blessed.  

In fact, we will look closer at Psalm 104 over the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment