Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Wicked Schemes


January 23, 2013

A heart that devises wicked schemes - #4 in the list of 7 things God hates.
This description surely is reserved for those psychopaths out there who premeditate murder and make elaborate plans of how to carry out their actions – like what we see in the movies – the thrillers that we so love to watch.  The master minds behind amazing schemes are fun to watch on the big screen, because they are not real.
In the early years of my marriage, there were a few times when I was hurt and thought on that hurt all day and ways that I could “get back” at my spouse for what he’d done.  I could not speak to him, give him dirty looks, even walk out and slam the door – that would show him.  It seems juvenile, now.  And it was.
Any time we take it upon ourselves to “devise” a “scheme” to get back at someone who has wronged us – even if it’s just an internal scheme of hatred and disdain – it’s “wicked.” One definition of that word is “nasty” or “naughty.”
Lord, guard my heart from staying hurt.  Teach me to lay all my burdens on you – for you carried them to the cross and there’s healing available there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment