Monday, January 7, 2013

We Wait...



January 8, 2013

“But hope that is seen is no hope at all.  Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.” Words straight from the Bible.

I don’t know about you, but the anticipation of good things to come is almost more exciting than the actual event!  I love Christmas, and the hope of my relatives arriving, the anticipation of seeing the kids open their gifts, all of the hope and wonder of the season – I love it!  I want to savor every minute.  If there were no hope of good things to come, what kind of life would it be?

There are many things we all still hope for.  And not all of them will come to us, because not all of them have a promise behind them.  But what things can we hope for?  

We can hope for healing.  We can hope for salvation for the lost.  We can hope for provision for our needs.  We can hope for a good name for our kids.  We can hope for a straight path on which to walk.  We can hope for goodness and mercy to follow us.  We can hope for so much – and while we hope – we wait for it!

When I’m hoping for Christmas, I don’t sit around and look at the calendar waiting for it to come.  I start preparing with decorations, gift buying, etc.  What are you preparing for?  

Start preparing for that for which you are hoping…and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment