Saturday, February 18, 2017

To Me a Rock

Psalm 31:2 Incline Your ear to me, rescue me quickly; Be to me a rock of strength, A stronghold to save me.

Do you have someone in your life who is a rock?  It's usually a friend that is there when you need them, one that doesn't desert you in time of need, or one that's rock solid in their character.  But even the best rock of a friend fails us sometimes.

Rock solid friends have their own life to deal with, they have their own families, and they have needs, too.

God is the rock of strength that will never fail.  He never grows weary, the Bible says.  And his understanding never ends.  He's the rock "that doesn't roll" as a song I used to like says.

All we have to do is cry out to Him and he rescues us and comes under our weak knees and makes us stand and not fall.

It's good to have friends who are rocks.  It's better to have the Rock who is a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment