Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Fainting Cry

Psalm 84:2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

We want the Lord to hear our cries when we are in distress and in trouble, and he most certainly does.  And he comes and rescues us.

But here in this verse is a different kind of cry.  It’s a yearning, a fainting, a crying out for the living God.

When is the last time you cried out just to be in his presence, to experience his holiness, to know him in all of his glory…aside from what he can give you?

I know that I don’t cry this kind of prayer enough.

And I know I’ve never quite fainted because I yearned for him so much.


What a concept…to yearn for the Lord with our heart and our flesh…so much that we physically wane unless we touch Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment