Friday, January 9, 2015

Not One

Joshua 23:14
You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.
I’ve often been disappointed in life, either with unanswered prayers, with the inattentiveness of God, or with his silence.  At least that’s how I viewed certain times and experiences.
Then I’d end up at church or read His word and hear that his promises are true and that he never fails. Never.
So I started thinking, and wound up realizing that when I’m disappointed in an unanswered prayer, it’s only because I’m not getting the answer I want.  When I feel that God is being inattentive to my needs, it’s only that he’s meeting other needs at the time if I’ll just let him complete his work.  And when He’s silent, he’s busy at work perfecting me to look like the image he has in mind for me.
You know those makeovers on television?  The women who are being made over have to disappear, become completely vulnerable to the stylist, and be patient while the stylist does her work – often not allowed to see anything until the work is complete.
God’s promises are true.  He never fails.  And he’s the ultimate transformer of the old into the new…if we just sit still, lie back, and enjoy his very attentive love over us.


No comments:

Post a Comment