Friday, January 16, 2015

If...Then

II Chronicles 7:14 … if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
There are at least 10 instances of the word “hear” prior to this answer the Lord gives to Solomon.  Solomon prays a prayer of dedication and asks God to hear from heaven the cries of the people.
I love the Lord’s response to Solomon’s prayer, as this is an often quoted verse from the Bible.
The Lord agrees with Solomon’s petition that IF the people who bear His name will humble themselves, pray, seek His face, and turn from sin, THEN God will hear and forgive and heal.
I remember learning about If/then statements in Math – where if certain conditions are met then a certain outcome will appear. 
God is giving us this sort of equation where we can expect a specific outcome.
Many use this verse to encourage those who love God to pray for our land, so that the wickedness in our land will cease.
I believe His word is true, and that he has given us the simplicity of success in this promise.
If we do the things he tells us to do…we can expect heaven to move and earth to respond.


No comments:

Post a Comment