Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Expectantly

Psalm 5:3
In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.
When do you most often pray, in the morning, or at night?  How about all day?
I find  myself calling on the Lord throughout my day, as thoughts encircle me, fears rise up against me, and gratitude fills my heart.
The psalmist often talks of calling on the Lord in the morning, before we being our day, before we set our feet on the ground.
Imagine yourself, as depicted in this verse, laying out your requests before the Lord in the morning, much like laying out a hand of cards.
You can say,
“Lord, I’ve been dealt this hand.  And in it is a sick friend, a need for financial help, a request for guidance, and a plea for a rescue.”
Then the psalmist says to lay them out and wait….expectantly.
In other words, leave the cards there at his feet, as you go about your day.  Let him ponder them, shuffle them, and remove them or play them.
But as you go on your way, wait expectantly on your God to answer and take care of all that concerns you.
He loves you.  And the "hand" he plays always wins...


No comments:

Post a Comment