Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Covered


Verses 3, 4 say, “The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked.”

I like to think of this verse more in terms of spiritual hunger and cravings.  Yes, of course, the Lord provides us food to eat for our bodies.  But those who hunger and thirst after HIM, the Bible says, are filled. 

Sometimes I feel restless, like there’s a void in my life, sort of empty inside, and it almost always coincides with a time where I’m not really spending much time in prayer or the Word, and I’m starting to feel faint and sick to my spiritual stomach.  I don’t have to stay that way, though sometimes in my hurrying and busyness I let myself get so low that I’m not so pleasant to be around.

The Lord promises that when we are hungry for Him, his table is always set, and it’s always full.  We can eat until we’re content.  We just need to take the time to stop and sit…and eat.

The second part of the verse says the Lord thwarts the craving of the wicked.  What do the wicked crave? 

Proverbs 21:10 says the wicked crave evil.  And often that evil is directed towards the righteous.  But because of Jesus and his blood, all those plans and schemes and cravings that the wicked have to destroy the righteous have already been thwarted! 

If we hunger and thirst after Him, we won’t be hungry and faint.  And the plans devised against us will never prosper. 

I’d say the Lord has us covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment