Thursday, October 1, 2015

Who Is?

James 3 asks a question:

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.

We attend seminars, we listen to great orators, and tune into awesome speeches, all to hear wisdom and eloquent words from men and women who have something to say about our country, the future, or even God’s word.  Those things are good.

But what is better is to gain wisdom and understanding by following Jesus.

And that becomes evident in our lives through our deeds “done in humility” (that means without fanfare and “look at me”) and these actions come from wisdom.

We’ve got one more day’s devotion on understanding, and I’m wondering if we’re understanding what it is we’re supposed to understand?

Are you getting it?  Or are you still seeking it in all of your striving to understand the things that puzzle you in life?

I find that I have to daily make a choice to lay aside my searching and inquisitive mind that seeks to figure out all things so that I can manipulate them for my good.  I have to daily train my mind to focus on giving thanks in all things and experiencing that transcendent peace.


I want to be wise and understanding, so that others may see and glorify not me- but HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment