Friday, October 30, 2015

Consider this Treat

I Peter 3 says Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

Here we see the kinds of treats wives can expect from their husbands who follow Him.   We can be confident that the Lord wants them to consider us, to see us as a joint heir, to realize our weaknesses and come alongside us, and to realize that we are a gift to them.

And when they do, nothing will hinder their prayers!

I’ve seen that when I pray for my husband instead of pointing my finger and shaking it, this somehow gives an open road for him to hear and see God’s eyes for me and treat me with love, accordingly.

Funny how that works.

Treat him with honor and love, and he treats me with respect and consideration.

Sounds like a pretty good seesaw effect, a treat for both of us as we go up and down, up and down, treating each other with a push and a squeal of delight!


No comments:

Post a Comment