Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Positioned Heart

I Samuel 2:1 Then Hannah prayed and said: “My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance.  “There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.


Hannah was a woman who was barren.  She prayed and asked God for a child.  And he granted her desire. 
When she rejoices, she lifts up the character of God – which is a great way to rejoice – when prayers or answered, or while we are still waiting.
When we rejoice in the fact that God is the one who fights for us, that he is a holy and righteous Lord with justice in his hands, that he is our deliverer and our rock, we are focusing in on the truth right in the middle of any lies we might be toying with.
Lies will taunt us.  We will think God is not good, he must have abandoned me, he doesn’t care, and he must not be listening. 
But the truth is what we must rejoice in, because there truly is no other hope for salvation except in our Lord.
Is your heart downcast today?  Are you praying for something your heart desires?  Begin positioning your heart to rejoice in who the Lord says he is, and then choose to believe it.


No comments:

Post a Comment