Monday, April 6, 2015

Try Me

Psalm 139 says Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.

Would you want to stand trial for every anxious and fearful thought you’ve had?  I would not!  I would be found guilty, daily.  Yet, the psalmist here invites God to try him and know his thoughts.

God knows our thoughts, anyway.  He knows them before we think them, because he knows our heart.  And he knows that anxiety and fear are hurtful.  Anxiety is not good for us physically, and it’s not good for us mentally and emotionally…and spiritually.  And yet many of us sit in a pool of anxiety until we’re shriveled up.

There is no fear in asking God to search us.  He’s not one who will search and condemn.  He is one who will search and heal, and lead us to a higher place of thinking – the everlasting way.

Allow God in to search your heart, every nook and cranny.  Allow him to speak to those dark places in your heart where fear resides, and allow him so shine his light – not to blind you – but to deliver you.


He will.  Because he loves you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment