Thursday, April 30, 2015

First Importance!

We’re going to look at the chapter of I Corinthians 15 over the next several days.
What is it that we’re supposed to believe, as Christians?  We’re told in the beginning of the chapter.
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
There was a time in my life when everything, every theology, every foundation on which I stood, crumbled.  And I found myself wondering what I really believed and what was really important.  In fact, I remember Jesus asking me if he was enough.
It is basic truth that we as Christians must receive and believe that Christ died for our sins (that means admitting we are sinners and in need of a savior), that he was buried (accepting the great sacrifice he made to cleanse us from all sin), and that he was raised (believing in the hope of life eternal with him.)
It is that basic truth that will sustain us through all of life’s ups and downs. 
When we fail miserably, when our own efforts are not enough, we remember that Christ took all of our shame and washed it away with his blood.
When we feel hopeless, without purpose, and alone, we can take refuge in the truth that the King of Kings died for us so that we might live with him, never alone, and always with a good purpose for a good life.
When we grow weary in this world and all that living here entails, we can rest in the fact that this world will pass away, but we will live and reign forever with him in eternal security, peace, joy and love.

Think on this passage today and the “first importance” of believing all that Christ did and gave for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment