Friday, February 27, 2015

To Pray

Colossian 1 says For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding...

Almost every day I hear of a friend in need.  Just this week, I heard of a friend who lost his job, another friend who was fearful about some news she’d heard, and yet another friend who lost her mom. That’s just a few things I heard in the course of a few days.

What do we do with the things we’ve heard about others?

In this verse, we are prompted to pray without ceasing for the things we hear about in others’ lives.

Why?

So that they can be filled with all good things like spiritual wisdom and understanding in their present circumstances.

Will our friends be helped if we don’t pray?

I don’t want to think about that, I just want to pray and believe on their behalf, and watch God answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment