Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Gifts

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

I  love this verse!

I’m sure you have received gifts that are way less than perfect!  Either the dress didn’t fit, the appliance broke when you first used it, or the getaway trip was over in a flash and you felt like you never went anywhere.  

Our best attempts at gifts are sweet and a blessing, but they’re not perfect.

Perfect gifts, good gifts, are from above – from God – the one who sets the stars ablaze at night.  And these gifts are from the One who never changes.

What that says to me is that whatever gifts I receive from God during my life are perfect, tailor made for my heart and my eternal security, and I can trust that they are good.  Whether or not I understand the gift, how long I get to enjoy the gift, or even if the gift doesn’t seem to fit at first, it's a gift I can count on to keep on giving...

Shadows change with the rising and setting of the sun each day.  But God’s provision and care for us never shifts, never changes, and it’s always from up there – the place where perfection resides.

I pray that today you are made aware of the good gifts in your life and that you look up and give thanks to the Father of the heavenly lights.  He’s so awesome, and worth every praise for every good gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment