Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Clothed

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

What are you wearing today?  Why did you pick that outfit?  Maybe it was cold outside, so you’re wearing a sweater.  Perhaps your feet hurt from yesterday’s long walk, so you’re wearing comfy sneakers.  Or if your hair is not quite right, maybe you’ve got a hat on top of your head.

What if we thought about what we wear daily in the way of our hearts?  In this verse, it says we as his HOLY people can chose to clothe ourselves in proper attire:

Compassion
Kindness
Humility
Gentleness
Patience

I sometimes run out the door without any of these, because I never even noticed them in my closet.  I run out bare armed, nothing on my head, and wrongly shoed, and I end up exhausted and wind blown by the end of the day.


I want to stop and choose, and wear, and clothe myself so that I walk completely covered beautifully and effectively, to face each day with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment