Monday, December 14, 2015

Amazing Words

Matthew 1 cont’d:
She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.
More amazing words from the angel God sent to Joseph when he was afraid and deciding what to do with the news that his wife was pregnant.
Now he not only learns that he is to go ahead with the marriage and not be afraid, but this child his wife-to-be is carrying is going to have a specific name Jesus – and he is going to save people from their sins.
What?
I can imagine the next few thoughts in Joseph’s mind:
Now what are people going to think? That I’ve gone mad?  The Savior of the World? Are you kidding me? This can’t be happening!
I think I might have fainted right on the spot.
But Joseph wasn’t proud, he wasn’t seeking affirmation and therefore became puffed up that he was going to be the Savior’s father, and he wasn’t combative with God and one who questioned God’s character.
He listened to the angel and he received the word into his spirit, knowing it was from God, and this enabled him to obey.
Joseph must have been some amazing guy.  I think I would have awakened and dismissed that dream as nonsense.
But he didn’t, and I’m so glad he didn’t.  And so amazed...

No comments:

Post a Comment