Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Watch Him Run!

Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

I’ve heard these verses many times.  But this time when I read them, I realized something.  I often want the devil to flee from me and leave me alone, without my submitting to God.  I want the devil to stay away from harassing me without really resisting him. And basically, I just want him to disappear.

He’s not going to disappear…yet…

So while he’s around pestering good folks like you and me, we have to submit to God – and his word.  We have to know his word and what it says so that we have the ability to resist the devil.  If we don’t know his word, we can be blindsided by Satan's lies.  And we must draw near to the Lord through prayer and praise.

The next part of the passage is interesting, as well.  It tells us to cleanse our hands and purify our hearts.

Wait!  I thought that was the work of Jesus on the cross – and not something I have to do!  Salvation is.  But walking on in purity and cleanness of thought and heart is something we must choose to do.

Feeling harassed, pestered, and lied to?

Dig into the Word, praise the name of Jesus, and stand up against all lies against you and your family. 

Then watch the devil run!


No comments:

Post a Comment